WP-Optimize Cache is a revolutionary, all-in-one WordPress performance plugin that caches your site, cleans your database, compresses your images.
Our cache feature is built around the world’s fastest caching engine. This simple, popular and highly effective tool has everything you need to keep your website fast and thoroughly optimized!
It does it in three clever ways:
- It allows you to clean and optimise your database.
- It gives you the option to compress your images.
- It allows you to cache your pages, for super fast load times (read more caching information below).
Extensive tests show the cache feature alone can make WordPress sites at least as fast as any other caching or speed plugin available and often faster. But when you combine the cache with the database optimization, image compression features and minify, the speed difference with alternative solutions is significant.
NEW: The built-in minify feature adds another layer of optimization, reducing the size and number of requests to your server.
1. CLEANS THE DATABASE
Your WordPress database stores everything that you need for your website – plus many things that you don’t. WP-Optimize Cache clears out all of this unnecessary data, cleans up your tables and even retrieves space lost to data fragmentation.
Mobile-friendly and incredibly simple to use, it:
- Removes all unnecessary data (e.g. trashed/unapproved/spam comments, stale data) plus pingbacks, trackbacks and expired transient options
- Compacts/de-fragment MySQL tables with a button-press
- Detailed control of which optimizations you wish to carry out
- Carries out automatic weekly (or otherwise) clean-ups
- Retains a set number of weeks’ data during clean-ups
- Performs optimizations without the need for running manual queries
- Automatically trigger a pre-optimize backup via UpdraftPlus
- Show database statistics and potential savings
Why is this important?
- The tables in MySQL (the database that WordPress uses) will, over time, become inefficient as data is added, removed, moved around. Asking MySQL to optimize its tables every now and again will keep your site running as fast as possible. It won’t happen by itself.
- Every-time you save a new post or pages, WordPress creates a revision of that post or page. If you edit a post 6 times you might have 5 copy of that post as revisions. This quickly adds lots of rarely-used data to your database tables, making them unnecessarily bloated, and slower to access.
- There might be thousands of spam and un-approved comments in your comments table, WP-Optimize Cache can clean and remove those in a single click.
- WP-Optimize Cache reports which database tables have overhead and wasted space to allow you to reduce them.
- Automatically cleans your database every week and respects the “Keep last [selected number] weeks data” option.